Monday, January 10, 2011

Live your best live

Everywhere people are talking about living your best live. You see it on magazine covers, talk shows, even signs on food packages labeled Best Life Approved. People are really thinking about taking care of themselves now.

Think about my parents, when they are in their thirties and forties, they have heart conditions and are always sick. Every holiday in my memory, one of them went to some kind of emergency care place. Despite they are doctors themselves, they have no time and resources to take care of themselves. Work pressure, bad economically conditions(imagine China twenty and thirty years ago).

Now, in their seventies and Eighties, they are much more healthier than when they are in their youth. My dad practice Tai Chi and Tai Chi sword, my mom still ride her little bicycle to grocery shopping everyday. At today's China, people have much better economical situations, many people hire nannies and housekeeper to help them with everyday house works. They also go to restaurant eat often. My parents still do all their house work themselves, cook everyday, shopping at farmers market, living their best life which is a simple life. My mom always says, after forty, one should do subtraction instead of multiplication. I guess everybody's best life can be different. For one maybe success, another maybe spiritual growth,  and other maybe physical strength and fitness. Find our own best life is what we need to work on. I don't know what is my own best life yet, I am just trying to do one thing each day that will finally help me to figure it out. I once herd someone said that Life is a Verb. It really resonated in me.


By the way, I got a clay pot and made my own Tasty Tofu today!

No comments:

Post a Comment