Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Recycling

Today I threw out all my old Tupperwares. Well, not exactly threw them away but dumped them into the recycling can. I then got some microwave and dish washier save glass containers  from Costco to replace my old ones.

The reason I am changing my Tupperware is after some research about plastic, I learned that you should look at the numbers on the bottom of your plastic bottle or containers. My old plastic containers don't even have any numbers. Very suspicious!

There are seven numbers reflecting seven different types of plastic available in the market.

To summarize, plastics #2, #4 and #5 are generally considered safe. Plastic #1 is safe but should not be use for refill. Plastic #3, #6, #7 should be used with caution.




 Please read the following

http://ecovillagegreen.com/

What Do The Plastic Recycling Numbers Mean?

by Joe Barrios





P.S. If you notice any wrong language usage, mistakes in grammar, spelling etc., please do not hesitate to point out. 

English is my second language and I am very insecure about writing in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment